Petition to Allow Teachers to Use Firearms to Defend their Students from Gun Violence
In the wake of this tragedy, Mayor Bloomberg and others are pushing for more gun control, but they ignore the real ways in which this tragedy could have been minimized:
- A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
- A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
- A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
- A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
- A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
- A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
- A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
We call for the immediately repeal of all laws that disarm citizens. We demand an immediate end to the tragically-failed policy of gun-free zones around schools which leaves young school children vulnerable to mass murderers.